Thanks for visiting https://parentscheme.app (which we’ll refer to as our Site). This page sets out the terms and conditions on which we provide our users (you) with access to our Site and to the subscription platform for working parents and associated content we provide through the Site (the Platform).
How the Terms Work
In order to use those functions of the Site which are available to subscribers only, your employer must have purchased a licence which includes your corporate email address, or, if you have been added at the invitation of your partner, your partner's corporate email address. We will have a separate contract in place with the employer under which we have agreed to provide those functions to you.
Who We Are
We’re Parent Scheme, which is a trading name of Salvus Group Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales under registration number 9611823. Our registered offices are at Salvus House, Aykley Heads, Durham England DH1 5TS.
If you wish to contact us, you may contact us using this address or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are a few general obligations and provisions that will apply to all users of our Site, with which you must comply. These are:
- you may only use our Site for lawful purposes. You may not use it in any way that breaches any local or international law, for the purposes of fraud, or to transmit unsolicited advertising or spam;
- any information you submit to us must be true and not misleading;
- you must not misuse our Site by introducing viruses or other malicious code to it or to our systems, nor try to gain unauthorised access to it or them, to any related systems or servers or to any related source code. You must not attack our Site through DDOS or otherwise. As you probably know, breaching this provision would be a criminal act, which may oblige us to report you to law enforcement and provide them with such information as we may have about you; and
- you must keep your account and password login details secure, and not allow anyone else to use your account. If any activity takes place on your account then you’re responsible for it. You must let us know immediately if you discover or suspect that someone else has accessed your account;
- if your access to this site is through a trial license or any means other than a paid subscription to the platform (purchased by you or your employer), then you may use the Site and the Content for evaluation purposes only and must at the end of the trial or evaluation period delete or destroy all copies of the Content that you may have in any form (including print and electronic copies) and wherever located (including hard drives, external storage devices and cloud storage).
Our use of personal data.
Opening Your Account, Subscriptions
We offer access to our Platform on a subscription basis, for the duration of the licence purchased by the employer and allocated to you. Access to the Site can be provided to you in one of three ways:
- by your employer’s nominated administrative user, using the admin panel of the Platform;
- by your signing up to the Platform using an email associated with your employer’s domain. You should ensure that you do not sign up to the Platform without your employer’s express approval; and/or
- by your signing up to the Platform at the invitation of your partner.
In order to access the Platform, you will be asked to provide your email address. We will then provide you by email with a login link which you can use to access the Platform for the duration of your allocated User licence.
Term and renewal
Your User licence will have a fixed term, based on the duration of the licences purchased by your employer. When your licence expires, you will no longer be able to use the Platform other than to export your data. We will delete your data after your User licence has expired (normally we will do this after thirty (30) days) and thereafter you may not have any further access to the Platform.
We share various content through the Platform, including, for example, articles, coaching materials, videos, images and illustrations, and guidance (all of which together we will call Content).
Provisions in relation to our Content. In relation to Content, the following provisions apply:
- Content is provided “as is”. We do not give any warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of any information comprised in Content. Content is provided for information purposes only and does not constitute legal, financial, medical, mental health or employment advice. If you need such advice, you should obtain it from qualified professionals.
- Some of our Content may comprise guidance to assist you in strategic decision-making in your personal and professional life. However, you’re ultimately responsible for your own decisions which shall be at your own risk.
- In the event of any conflict between our Content and your employer’s policies, your employer’s policies will take precedence.
- Our Content is proprietary to us, and we’re the owner or licensee of all intellectual property rights in our Site and in the Content published on it. Our Content is protected by copyright laws and treaties throughout the world.
- You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of our Content for your individual use (whether personal or professional). You may not resell, publish or further disseminate our Content, including within your organisation, without our prior written consent.
- You may not modify our Content, and may not remove or alter any copyright or confidentiality notice contained in it. Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of our Content must always be acknowledged.
The Platform includes functions which allow you to input data for your own personal reference, such as your answers to coaching-related questions, or your own notes and observations in relation to Content. We call all of this your Data.
Provisions in relation to your Data
In relation to Content, the following provisions apply:
- We will not use any of your individual Data for any purposes of our own, nor review it in any way. We merely store it within the Platform for your reference. In particular, we will not review or analyse your Data nor share it with your employer. That means that any answers you give to any coaching-related questions remain private and will not be disclosed.
- We may however track user responses to particular questions for use in aggregate, when anonymised and not associated with any particular user account (for example, it might be useful to us to know what proportion of Platform users respond to a particular question in a particular way) and we may use that aggregated data for our business purposes.
- Your Data is always accessible to you and can be freely edited by you or deleted by you.
- We do not guarantee that your Data (or the Platform) will be continuously available. We may also delete your Data after your User licence has expired as described above or if your account has been inactive for 24 months or more. If you wish to retain any of your Data on a long-term basis, you should ensure that you have exported it or made your own local copies of it. We will not be responsible for any loss of, deletion of or corruption of your Data.
The Platform includes functions which allow you to book face-to-face coaching sessions (Coaching) if and to the extent that your employer has purchased Coaching sessions from us under a separate contract between us and your employer.
Provisions in relation to Coaching
In relation to Coaching, the following provisions apply:
- You acknowledge that Coaching may not be available unless your employer has purchased sessions of Coaching from us;
- You agree and warrant that you will not book any Coaching unless authorised by your employer to do so;
- Coaching sessions and any associated materials are provided “as is”. We do not give any warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of any information contained in Coaching or in such materials. Any such information does not constitute legal advice, financial advice or employment advice. If you require such advice, you are responsible for seeking it from qualified sources.
- Coaching may comprise guidance to assist you in strategic decision-making in your personal and professional life. However, you’re ultimately responsible for your own decisions which shall be at your own risk.
- You must ensure that you attend Coaching promptly, having carried out any relevant preparations, and engage properly in any Coaching which you attend;
- You must comply with all our reasonable instructions in relation to Coaching;
- You acknowledge that we may exclude you from Coaching if we determine it’s reasonable to do so.
- You acknowledge that cancellation of, or failure to attend, Coaching may give rise to fees being payable by your employer. You should ensure that you notify both us and your employer as soon as possible if for any reason you wish to cancel or will be unable to attend any Coaching.
Termination by you
You may close your account by written notice to us at any time.
Termination by us
- issuing you with a written warning specifying the breach and requiring its remedy;
- taking legal action against you; or
- disclosing your personal information to law enforcement authorities if your breach is also a criminal act.
Effect of Termination
Termination of the contract between you and us will not affect any rights or remedies of the parties in existence at the time of termination.
Our Liability to You
We provide Content, and Coaching, to assist you in making your own personal and professional decisions. Because our role is limited, we limit and exclude our liability to an appropriate degree. This section explains the ways in which our liability to you is limited and excluded.
- Networks — You understand that there is some inherent instability in communications networks and that we may need to take down or maintain the Site from time to time. For that reason, you accept that access to our Site and Platform is permitted on a temporary basis and we will not be liable if it’s unavailable for any reason. At the same time, our Site and Platform are provided to you “as is” and without any warranty. For example, whilst we do our best to correct defects and whilst we use commercially-available virus-checking software, we do not warrant that our Site or Platform will be uninterrupted, free from errors, or free from viruses or malicious code.
- Third Parties — We’re not responsible or liable for the actions of third parties or your interactions with them. Third parties may include, for example, your employer or the developers of any device or software which you use to access our Site.
- No Indirect or Consequential Loss — We expressly exclude any liability for any indirect or consequential loss, damage, costs or expenses incurred or suffered by you in connection with your use of our Site, Platform or Coaching. We’re not liable for losses, damages, costs and expenses that are not foreseeable to both you and us at the time you open your account with us or which are not caused by our breach.
- No Liability for Certain Kinds of Loss — We expressly exclude any liability for any loss, damage, costs or expenses incurred or suffered by you (in each case whether direct or indirect) if that liability comes within one of the following categories: loss of business, loss of revenue, loss of contract, loss of data, loss of reputation, or loss of profit. In short, we’re not liable for business losses.
- Cap On Liability — We will have no liability to you in connection with your use of our Site or Platform or Coaching (whether arising in negligence, including tort, breach of contract or otherwise). This will not limit or exclude any liability we may have to your employer under any separate contract with them.
Disputes and Governing Law
Jurisdiction for disputes
If any dispute arises between you and us in connection with your use of our Site, then you and we will attempt to resolve that dispute through discussion. If we’re unable to resolve the dispute by discussion, then the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim relating to your use of our Site or any connected contract. However, if you’re not resident in England or Wales then we reserve the right to bring proceedings against you in any court in your country of residence.
Linking to our Site
You may not link to the Site or any content on it. Nor may you embed or frame any part of our Site or any such content on any other site.
Third party links
Our Site, and the Content on it, may contain links to various third party sites and resources. We have no control over these or over any service provided by those third parties. You use them at your own risk.
General Legal Terms
We may transfer our rights and obligations under our contract with you to another organisation. We will always tell you in writing if this happens. You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under your contract with us to another person if we agree to this in writing.
Third Party Rights
Last updated: 29 April 2020